Il Merlo Nero is the ideal romantic venue for your memorable moment (Wedding. Engagement Shooting). We are able to host small weddings of up to 70 guests and 28 guests over night
Elegant Estate filled with History and Tradition, situated approximately 3 km from the centre of Florence and the Michelangelo square.
The Estate comprises a main Villa and an old Country Lodge and the Limonaia. The buildings are surrounded by lush greenery, a swimming pool, olive groves, and an abutting farm. The Estate is located close enough to enjoy the centre of Florence whilst still enjoying the tranquil atmosphere of the beautiful Tuscan hills. The Estate has a traditional Italian Garden with its beautiful mazes. The Property is decorated with antique furniture and paintings representing the family history of the proprietor which goes back to a famous Renaissance Painter.
Nestled among the green hills of the Tuscan countryside in an historical part of Florence, and situated in the Paradiso degli Alberti (Heaven of the Alberti, family of Leon Battista Alberti), dating back to the 15th century, the Private Estate Villa Il Merlo Nero has a traditional Italian Garden with its beautiful mazes (where prestigious dinners or memorable birthday parties, or romantic weddings can be organised on request).
While being so close to the principal museums and architectural masterpieces of the amazing city of Florence…
… one can enjoy In the summer months, the swimming pool surrounded by olive and cypress trees with squirrels and pheasants running and with its outdoor kitchen area and wooden-fired pizza oven and barbecue area.
…and during the winter months, relax by the beautiful big Tuscan sandstone fireplace, reading a book in the cosy atmosphere reminiscent of the bygone past…
The fascinating grounds and flower garden with old terracotta flower pots scattered around and some fruit trees are reserved for guests as part of the villa.
The rooms are furnished with antique furniture and paintings, so as to keep the Tuscan ancient feeling and tradition of the villa. History and Literature books are available for Client’s reading.
Within close distance of the city centre (approx 3 km away from the Ponte Vecchio), yet hearing the birdsong and the joyous ringing of the Badiuzza bells and seeing the squirrels and pheasants running around.
The bus stop is 50mt from entrance to property (please inquire about timetables, as the bus runs at different times).
Accommodation for up to 26 guests :
Villa Merlo Nero (Upper Floor)
- Apt Torretta : 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms in travertine with walk in shower, lounge with dining area/kitchen, laundry, balcony
- Apt Allegrezza : 4 camere da letto, 3 bagni, salotto con zona pranzo, cucina, lavanderia, terrazza con zona pranzo, balcone
Villa Antica :
- 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, living room, dining room with vaulted ceiling, country kitchen, laundry, patio
Cottage Limonaia :
- One bedroom, one bathroom (tub and shower), hot plate
Air-conditioning in every bedroom. King size beds in some of the bedrooms.
- Italian Maze Garden with dining area in the Serra.
- Beautiful terrace overlooking the Italian Maze Garden.
- Shared Swimmingpool (please enquire re availability, normally open from 1 May to 30 September) , outdoor kitchen with barbecue and pizza oven, sunloungers, outdoor shower, park.
- Wifi, towels/linen, private parking, satellinte Tv, courtesy soap/shampoo.
- On request, at a fee (please enquire for availability):
- Private Chef/Housekeeping
- Continental Breakfast
- Cooking courses
- Tourist guide
- Airport shuttle
- Tuscany tours
- Banquet Lounge / Conference Room
Check rates and availability
Via Benedetto Fortini 49/51, Florence, Italy